It's a worn out tune, but practicing safe sex is one of the most important things you should think about in healthy relationships.
What is safe sex?
Practicing safe sex means that you and your partner are protecting yourselves from the possible effects of sex, like sexually transmitted infections or unwanted pregnancies.
How can you practice safe sex?
- Always use condoms during sex to protect against the transfer of STIs.
- Get screened for STIs and tested for HIV.
- Make sure your partners have been tested for STIs since their last partner.
- Limit your number of sexual partners.
- Be in a monogamous relationship.
Safe sex reduces the chance of getting an STI or becoming pregnant.