Tobacco & Electronic Cigarettes
Nicotine is a powerful stimulant that can affect you regardless of how you use it.
What does nicotine do?
Tobacco and nicotine have a great relationship. Nicotine’s very addictive personality keeps you coming back for more. Combined, tobacco and nicotine cause detrimental health effects, including disease, disability and death.
E-cigarettes, are electronic smoking devices filled with nicotine cartridges. Smoking e-cigs is often called “vaping” because they emit vapor, not smoke.
People Who Smoke:
- Suffer from shortness of breath 3 times as often as young adults who don’t smoke.
- Have more colds, sore throats and respiratory infections each year.
- Are 25% more likely of developing lung cancer.
- Spend an average of $170 a month on cigarettes.
- Are 22 times more likely to use cocaine.
- Develop early signs of heart disease and strokes.
- Have difficulties with concentration and anxiety.
The average smoker will spend over $1.1 million on cigarettes in his or her lifetime.