Emotional imbalances and extreme stress can sometimes lead to lead to thoughts of suicide. Don't feel hopeless.
Suicide is the act of taking your own life, often as a result of depression or stress.
- Being extremely depressed.
- Talking about being hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Obtaining a weapon or other means of self harm, such as ropes or pills.
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Posting on social media a threat of self-harm.
- Withdrawing from activities.
- Isolating from family and friends.
Male to female suicide completion ratio is 4:1.