Drugs & Alcohol
While drugs and alcohol often seem commonplace among our peers, don't forget to consider the damage they can cause.
Do you remember the feeling when you’re about to hit a piñata? You were just spun around, your weird uncle blindfolded you and now you feel sick because you had so much cake— that’s the feeling you can get from drugs and alcohol. These things affect you physically and prevent you from thinking straight.
Warning signs of drug abuse:
- Skipping class/work
- Taking drugs to relieve withdrawal symptoms
- Loss of interest in old hobbies
- Irritability, depression
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Dropping one group of friends for another
Warning signs of alcohol abuse:
- Loss of interest in work or school
- Needing a drink to feel relaxed
- Inability to control drinking
- Lying about drinking habits
- Symptoms of depression
- Exhibition of violent behavior
of young adults binge drink at least once a month.